Sunday, July 14, 2013

CIMT - Day 13

A few days before we started CIMT, I explained it to Mighty Man in the best way he could understand. Based on the recommendation of a medical professional we respect and trust, I had explained that we'd do this for 14 days.  The day before Mr. Blue was put on, another medical professional we respect and trust, our Occupational Therapist, suggested that we shoot for 21 days.  

So today, Mighty Man asked me what day it was for Mr. Blue.  When I replied that it was Day 13, he responded with a "Yay! Tomorrow we can get Mr. Blue off!"

Oops.

We missed making sure he was clear on the possibility of an extended timeline.

We visit the OT tomorrow, so we'll see what she thinks of his progress.  There does not seem to be a consistent approach across the board for how to administer CIMT.  Studies on the subject are fairly new so there are lots of opinions on the best practice.

He knows that Mr. Blue isn't coming off tomorrow, and I think he'll be okay with extending it one more week.  But I can't help but feel like I misled him.

I got to spend the evening way from home, so Dad seamlessly took over.  He's AMAZING, and I'm blessed that he's my partner in life's journey.

Dad & Mighty Man played a few rounds of UNO Moo! while I was gone.  A fun version of UNO that has great opportunities for fine motor skills!

Look! Pincer Grasp!!

He couldn't quite get the pieces oriented in the right direction to sit on the ledge, but he did get them on!!

Pulling the pieces out of the Barn was a good exercise too!



No comments:

Post a Comment