Sunday, July 21, 2013

CIMT - Day 20

Day 20.

Twenty.

We are almost done with this round of CIMT.

I'm so pleased with Mighty Man's progress and improvement.

And I'm so ready for him to have is right hand back!

Today he was using his cast and right thumb to help Lefty put trucks on the truck trailer.  I'm hoping that the last 20 days have improved his desire to use both hands together, and that we'll see more independent bi-manual use in the future.



We worked on putting blocks away again today.  Back on Day 4 I said it was a challenge.  It was still a challenge, but done with less frustration!




I love his surprised exclamation, "I did it!"

We also did some triceps extension exercises again, but with more blocks in the bag.
I think his strength and precision has improved a little bit, but the awareness of his Left arm has definitely improved greatly.

I also have noticed improvement when helping him climb the stairs.  The handrail is on the right side, so we've been holding his left hand to help him climb the stairs.  His balance, grasp, and strength through Lefty is much better than 20 days ago!

Mr. Blue comes off tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment