Monday, July 8, 2013

CIMT - Day 7

As Mighty Man is nearing 6 years old, it is becoming more noticeable that the left arm has a smaller appearance than the right arm.  We try all kinds of things to build up some strength in his muscles.  Wrist weights seem like they should be helpful, but he just tucks the arm up and uses it even less.

I've had this idea for a weighted bracelet for a while.  Something I could add weight to and he could wear all day long.

But I hadn't been able to convince him to wear it.  Now that he HAS to use Lefty, it seemed like a good time to introduce the idea again.

To make it more appealing, I dug in my fabric pile and found a favorite character in there.

I still met with resistance.

So, I negotiated a Cape AND the "Super Power Arm Band".

For the win!

It shall not be called a bracelet.


Right now, the Super-Power-Arm-Band is fastened with a safety pin until I can figure out another method.
Want to know what's inside?
Three 1 oz Sinkers (non-lead) from the fishing department at the sporting goods store.
Wrapped in a 4" x 30" (+/-) strip of fabric and knotted between each sinker and at the ends.
Voila!


Seriously, the cape made it all better.

He IS Mighty Man, after all.

Now, we'll see if it makes a difference.

Other activities today included holding the toy phone for a pretend conversation with Daddy.  We also worked on stacking, removing, replacing, and lacing the pegs from the Giant Pegboard.  It's such a versatile toy!  Another one I'm glad I hung on to!




We've made it a WHOLE WEEK!

Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment