Sunday, July 7, 2013

CIMT - Day 6

Sunday.  The first day we've been out in a public place where people love us enough to ask questions.  I love our church family, and I love the opportunity to educate people on what we are doing.

"What happened to his arm?"

"Bull riding accident."
That's my husband's answer.

I try to keep it short.  "It's Constraint Therapy.  We're holding Righty back so Lefty can show us what he can do."  If there's more time, I might add a few more details.

I liked one friend's response today, "Oooh...I bet Lefty is getting so strong! Let me see how strong he is!"  Mighty Man responded with a big grin and a tough guy muscle flex.  Perfect encouragement!

He has lots of fans at our church.  They are probably hatching a plot to rescue him from this torture.
Even as we speak.

His sweet Sunday School teachers helped him color and play with Lefty.  I just realized that I dropped him off in their capable hands this morning without even an explanation or apology for the extra attention he'd need.  I'm grateful for the people God already had in place to help us during this time!

He and Sis were invited to a Birthday party at a local indoor waterpark today.
So glad we got the waterproof cast!

I stood on the edge of the pool and Lefty tried to splash me.  He made a good effort!

It's always fun to dunk Daddy!  Go Lefty!

Tonight we had the bean-bag toss game out for a little family competition. 
Dad won the game AND gets the credit for pulling this game out to play tonight.
Have you thought about all the motor skills used in the bean bag toss?


6 days down...



No comments:

Post a Comment